Cookie settings: You can always revisit your cookies settings to manage your preferences.
1. General notes and compulsory information
a) Data protection
When you use this website, various personal data is collected. Personal data is data with which you can be personally identified. This data protection declaration explains which data we collect and what we use it for. It also explains how and for what purpose this is done.
However, we would like to point out that data transmission on the Internet (e.g. communication by e-mail) can have security gaps. A complete protection of data against access by third parties is not possible.
b) Note on the responsible body
The person responsible for data processing on this website is:
Smiling Cat Publishing GmbH
Explanation: The controller is the natural or legal person who alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data (e.g. names, e-mail addresses, etc.).
2. Your rights
According to the applicable data protection law, in particular the EU Data Protection Basic Regulation (DSGVO), you have extensive data subject rights vis-à-vis the responsible party with regard to the processing of your personal data, about which we would like to inform you below. You have the right:
– in accordance with Art. 15 DSGVO to request information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you may request information on the purposes of the processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right of rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or opposition, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data, if not collected by us, as well as the existence of automated decision making including profiling and, where applicable, meaningful information on the details thereof;
– in accordance with Art. 16 DSGVO, to demand without delay the correction of incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by us;
– pursuant to Art. 17 DSGVO to demand the deletion of your personal data stored with us, unless processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
– pursuant to Art. 18 DSGVO, to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data, insofar as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you refuse to delete it and we no longer require the data, but you require it for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims or you have lodged an objection to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 DSGVO;
– in accordance with Art. 20 DSGVO, to receive your personal data that you have provided us with in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request that it be transferred to another responsible party;
– in accordance with Art. 7 para. 3 DSGVO, to revoke your consent to us at any time. As a result, we may no longer continue the data processing based on this consent for the future and
– to complain to a supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 77 DSGVO As a rule, you can turn to the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or workplace or to the supervisory authority of our practice. A list of the supervisory authorities and their contact details can be found at the following link:
– according to Art. 21 DSGVO the right to object to data collection in special cases and to direct advertising:
explanatory note to Art. 21 DPA:
If the data processing is carried out on the basis of Article 6 paragraph 1 letter e or f DPA, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data at any time for reasons arising from your particular situation; this also applies to profiling based on these provisions. The respective legal basis on which processing is based can be found in this Data Protection Declaration. If you object, we will no longer process your personal data concerned unless we can prove that there are compelling reasons for processing which are worthy of protection and which outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms, or unless the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims (objection according to Art. 21 Para. 1 DSGVO).
If your personal data are processed for the purpose of direct marketing, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you for the purpose of such marketing, including profiling, insofar as it is connected with such direct marketing. If you object, your personal data will no longer be used for the purpose of direct advertising or profiling (objection under Art. 21 para. 2 DPA).
3. Data collection when visiting our website
This website uses so-called cookies. Cookies do not damage your computer and do not contain viruses. Cookies serve to make our offer more user-friendly, more effective and safer. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer and saved by your browser.
Some of the cookies we use are so-called “session cookies”. They are automatically deleted at the end of your visit. Other cookies remain stored on your end device until you delete them. These cookies enable us to recognize your browser on your next visit.
You can set your browser so that you are informed about the setting of cookies and allow cookies only in individual cases, exclude the acceptance of cookies for certain cases or in general and activate the automatic deletion of cookies when closing the browser. If you deactivate cookies, the functionality of this website may be limited. Cookies that are required to carry out the electronic communication process or to provide certain functions requested by you will be stored on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO. The website operator has a legitimate interest in the storage of cookies for the technically error-free and optimised provision of his services. Insofar as other cookies (e.g. cookies for analysing your surfing behaviour) are stored, these are treated separately in this data protection declaration.
|Purpose||Saves the settings of visitors selected in the cookie popup of WP simpleCookie.|
|Name||WordPress Comment Author|
|Purpose||The cookie comment_author_[hash] cookie remembers the value entered into the comment form’s name field|
|Name||WordPress Comment Author URL|
|Purpose||The cookie comment_author_url_[hash] remembers the value entered in the URL field of the comment form.|
|Name||WordPress Comment Author Email|
|Purpose||The cookie comment_author_email_[hash] remembers the value entered in the email field of the comment form.|
|Purpose||Tracking user behavior on our site for analytical purposes. All tracking data is hosted on our German servers. The Matomo cookies are named _pk_id and _pc_ses All data is anonymized and deleted after 365 days.|
b) Server log files
If you use our website for informational purposes only, i.e. if you do not send us any other information, we only collect the personal data that your browser sends to our server (so-called server log files). When you visit our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to display our website and to ensure its stability and security
– IP address
– Date and time of the request
– Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
– Content of the request (concrete page)
– Access status/HTTP status code
– Amount of data transmitted in each case
– Website from which the request comes
– Operating system and its interface
– Language and version of the browser software.
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f DSGVO. Our legitimate interest follows from the above-mentioned purposes of data collection. A consolidation of this data with other data sources is not carried out.
c) Contact by e-mail, telephone, fax or contact form
If you contact us by e-mail, telephone, fax or contact form, your inquiry including all personal data (name, inquiry) will be stored and processed by us for the purpose of processing your request. In the context of contacting us via the contact form, personal data will also be transmitted to HubSpot (see no. 10 below) within the scope of an order processing contract pursuant to Art. 28 DSGVO.
This data is processed on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b DSGVO, if your request is related to the fulfilment of a contract or is necessary for the implementation of pre-contractual measures. In all other cases, processing is based on your consent (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a DSGVO) and/or on our legitimate interests (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO), as we have a legitimate interest in the effective processing of the enquiries addressed to us.
The data sent to us by you via contact requests will remain with us until you request us to delete it, revoke your consent to its storage or the purpose for which it was stored ceases to apply (e.g. after your request has been processed). Mandatory statutory provisions – in particular statutory retention periods – remain unaffected.
We use features on this website from Twitter, a social network operated by Twitter International Company, One Cumberland Place, Fenian Street, Dublin 2 D02 AX07, Ireland.
This means that personal data may also be transferred to Twitter. We do not monitor this data exchange and do not store anything about it.
If you have an account with Twitter, you can change your privacy settings in the account settings at https://twitter.com/settings/account.
5 Subject to alteration
Last modified: 2020-06-30